Tribal Transportation Program (TTP)
The Tribal Transportation Program (TTP) is the largest program in the Office of Federal Lands Highway. Established in 23 U.S.C. 202 to address the transportation needs of Tribal governments throughout the United States, the program receives $450,000,000 annually to provide safe and adequate transportation and public road access to and within Indian reservations, Indian lands, and Alaska Native Village communities. A prime objective of the TTP is to contribute to the economic development, self-determination, and employment of Indians and Native Americans.
The Tribal Transportation Program is funded by contract authority from the Highway Trust Fund and is subject to the overall Federal-aid obligation limitation. Funds are allocated among Tribes using a new statutory formula based on tribal population, road mileage and average tribal shares of the former Tribal Transportation Allocation Methodology (TTAM) formula.
- See Federally Recognized Indian tribes listed in the Federal Register
- FY13 TTP Tribal Shares and Planning Funds (Acrobat, 126 KB)
- FY14 MAP-21 Control Panel (Acrobat, 12 KB)
- FY14 TTP Tribal Shares (Acrobat, 980 KB)
- See Estimated Tribal Shares for FY14-FY16 (Acrobat, 0.98 MB)
Look here frequently to find the latest information about the TTP such as MAP-21 updates, and the status of Continuing Resolutions (CRs); Tribal Share Allocation letters; Safety Fund Notices of Funding Availability (NOFAs); press releases; webinars and other technical assistance; and updates to information such as 25CFR170, etc.
The Office of the Secretary
Invites You to a Coffee and Listening Session
In conjunction with
The Sixth Annual White House Tribal Nations Conference
Thursday, December 4, 2014
9:00 am – 11:00 am
US Department of Transportation
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE Washington, DC 20590
The U.S. Department of Transportation invites you to participate in a coffee and listening session. Tribal leaders will have the opportunity to openly discuss transportation issues with DOT leadership and share best practices and success stories from their tribal communities.
Please RSVP at email@example.com by noon on Friday, November 28, 2014.
- FY15 TTP Tribal shares and 2% Planning funds - 72 day CR through December 11, 2015 (Acrobat, 111 KB)
- Webinar on Section 1305 of MAP-21 and the National Online Dialogue (April 29, 2014)
- 25CFR170 Draft Update Information
- Office of Inspector General Audit Report (Acrobat, 138 KB)
- Program Delivery Guide
- Bridge Program
- Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA)
- Tribal Technical Assistance Program (TTAP)
- Every Day Counts Initiative (EDC)
- Coordinating Committee
- Contact Information