Tribal Transportation Program Safety Funds (TTPSF)
Each year under MAP-21, 2% of the available TTP funds are set aside to address safety issues in Native America. Funds are available to federally recognized Indian tribes through a competitive, discretionary program. Awarded annually, projects are chosen whose outcomes will address the prevention and reduction of death or serious injuries in transportation related crashes. We recognize that traffic fatalities and injuries severely impact the quality of life in Indian country. Statistics are consistently higher than the rest of the nation as a whole; we advocate the development of Strategic Transportation Safety Plans as a means for tribes to determine how transportation safety needs will be addressed in tribal communities.
FY 2014 Grant Application:
Thank you for your application submittal. Solicitation is closed. Applications are under review.
To review 2014 TTPSF Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA), please click here (Acrobat, 222 KB)
Resources for Preparing a TTPSF Application:
FY14 TTPSF Notice of Funding Availability Webinar
- Webinar Presentation Slides (Acrobat, 967 KB)
- Application Information in either DOCX (Word/docx, 38 KB) or PDF (Acrobat, 65 KB) versions.
- "How to write a good Project Abstract" (Acrobat, 62 KB)
- Preview of the Application for Federal Assistance (SF-424) online form (Acrobat, 264 KB)
- FY14 TTPSF Notice of Funding Availability Webinar
FY 2013 Awards:
- U.S. Transportation Secretary Foxx Announces $8.6 Million for Tribal Transportation Safety Improvements
- FY 2013 TTPSF Grant Recipients (Acrobat, 65 KB)
- FY 2013 TTPSF Post-Award Debrief -- why some applications were ranked "not qualified." (Acrobat, 606 KB)