Tribal Transportation Program Safety Funds (TTPSF)
Each year under MAP-21, 2% of the available TTP funds are set aside to address safety issues in Native America. Funds are available to federally recognized Indian tribes through a competitive, discretionary program. Awarded annually, projects are chosen whose outcomes will address the prevention and reduction of death or serious injuries in transportation related crashes. We recognize that traffic fatalities and injuries severely impact the quality of life in Indian country. Statistics are consistently higher than the rest of the nation as a whole; we advocate the development of Strategic Transportation Safety Plans as a means for tribes to determine how transportation safety needs will be addressed in tribal communities.
Funding goals have been established in four categories under TTPSF: Safety Planning (40%); Engineering Improvements (30%); Enforcement/EMS (20%); and Education (10%).
FY2016 TTP Safety Fund
- The Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) has not yet been published for FY 2016.
FY2015 TTP Safety Fund
- FY 2015 TTPSF Grant Recipients for Developing Safety Plans (Acrobat, 71 KB)
- The awards list for the other categories will be announced soon.
Resources for Preparing a TTPSF Application:
- 2015 Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA)
- Recorded webinar from July 15, 2015 regarding the TTP Safety Fund NOFA
- Application Information in either DOCX (Word, 38 KB) or PDF (Acrobat, 65 KB) format.
- "How to write a good Project Abstract" (Acrobat, 62 KB)
- Preview of the Application for Federal Assistance (SF-424) online form (Acrobat, 121 KB)
- TTPSF Frequently Asked Questions
- Prior Year TTP Safety Funding Awards Lists: