The USDA Forest Service manages one of the world's largest road and trail systems in partnership with FHWA-Federal Lands, states, and volunteer groups. In particular, the forest road network provides the American public with unprecedented access to a vast array of adventure recreation travel options in nature's many special places. They serve as "Lifelines" throughout the National Forest System and to surrounding gateway communities. Now you can watch an inspiring film titled Lifelines that explores this important network of roads and trails and the lands that they serve. As one Ranger says in the film, "When people have access to public lands, they are given a chance to be awed and inspired by these lands, and in the end, to see value in their conservation and protection for future generations."
- View the Promotional Trailer
- The full length DVD is approximately 30 minutes long. A limited supply of copies is available from USDA FS-San Dimas Technology and Development Center. Call (909)-599-1267 to ask about ordering a copy.
- TRB: Committee on Transportation Needs for National Parks and Public Lands
- America's Recreation Coalition
- Western States Tourism Policy Council
- Southeast Tourism Society