The purpose of the ERFO manual is to provide program guidance and instructions for the owners of Federal roads applying for Federal assistance under the Emergency Relief for Federally Owned (ERFO) Roads program. You can view or download the ERFO manual below.
The ERFO Program is intended to help pay the unusually heavy expenses associated with the repair and reconstruction of Federal roads and bridges seriously damaged by a natural disaster over a wide area or catastrophic failure. Restoration in-kind to pre-disaster conditions is expected to be the predominate type of repair.
View the 2011 ERFO Disaster Assistance Manual (Acrobat, 2.95 MB)
These links target chapter points within the main Acrobat document.
- Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Getting Started
- Chapter 2: The Process
- Chapter 3: Funding
- Chapter 4: Eligibility
- Chapter 5: Roles and Responsibilities
- Appendix A: Definitions
- Appendix B: ERFO Disaster Assistance Service Area Reference Matrix
- Appendix C: Correspondence
- Appendix D: Law and Regulation
- Appendix E: Designated National Scenic and Historic Trails