Field Materials Manual
This manual has been developed to provide construction project personnel with information and guidance for field activities relating to materials. This manual complements the Standard specifications for Construction of Roads and Bridges on Federal Highway Projects (FP). When the guidelines or directions set forth in this manual conflict with an FLH contract, the contract shall govern.
This manual is intended as general guidance. It sets forth procedures and best practices for testing and verifying materials on a contract. The application of this manual to any particular situation is to be guided by sound engineering principles. This manual does not create enforceable rights. However, a contract may adopt or incorporate by reference any portion of this manual and thereby establish that portion as binding on the parties.
View the Complete Field Materials Manual (Acrobat, 9.89 MB)
These links target chapter points within the main Acrobat document.
- Cover, Introduction, and Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Acceptance and Verification Procedures and Material Project Requirements
- Chapter 2: Earthwork Testing and Evaluation
- Chapter 3: Aggregate Base, Subbase, Aggregate-Topsoil, and Base Stabilization
- Chapter 4: Asphalt Pavements and Surface Treatments
- Chapter 5: Concrete