North of Moose Creek North Project
Latest UpdateUpdated Section 106 Adverse Effect Consultation Documents for Public Involvement (Acrobat, 2.83 MB) Section 106 Adverse Effect Consultation Documents for Public Involvement (Acrobat, 4.48 MB)
This project is on Montana Secondary Highway 569, also known as Mill Creek Road in this area. The project is a rehabilitation of the road to be completed in five phases. This is the third phase and will focus on the roadway between Milepost (MP) 11.00 and MP 14.45 connecting MT 43 on the south, and MT 1 on the north. It is also the primary access to three sections of the Beaverhead-Deer Lodge National Forest from Anaconda. It serves residential areas, businesses, and access to the National Forest used by multi-seasonal forest users.
Anaconda - Deer Lodge County (ADLC), Montana Department of Transportation (MDT), and Western Federal Lands Highway Division (WFLHD)
Montana Secondary Highway 569 serves as a primary access to three sections of the Beaverhead-Deer Lodge National Forest from Anaconda. The route serves residential areas, businesses, and accesses the Beaverhead-Deer Lodge National Forest serving a wide variety of multi-seasonal forest users. The road was constructed in the early 1950’s and has had no major improvements. The surface has deteriorated to the point to which pavement preservation applications are not cost effective and the traffic volumes have increased necessitating a wider roadway.
If these conditions are not addressed, the existing roadbed will fail and vehicle crashes may increase due to the poor conditions of roadway surface and narrow roadway.
Scope of Work
Reconstruction of existing paved surface to include:
- Rehabilitating the pavement surface
- Widening the roadway and improving the horizontal and vertical curves. The anticipated design width will be 26 feet, which includes two 12 foot lanes with 1 foot shoulders
- Upgrading of guardrail, pavement markings, signing and fencing
- Replacing the bridge over California Creek
- May 2017 – 30% Plan, Specification, and Estimate (PS&E) Design
- September 2017 – 70% PS&E Design
- May 2018 – Final PS&E Complete
- August 2018 – Contract Award
- September 2018 – Begin Construction
- September 2020 – Complete Construction
|Project #||MT DOT 569 (3)|
|Project Name||North of Moose Creek North|
Federal Highway Administration
Western Federal Lands Highway Division
610 East Fifth Street
Vancouver, WA 98661-3801