Road Improvements to the Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge Entrance
The project was located on Ranch to Market Road 1431 at the Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge entrance 9.3 miles west of Jonestown, Texas in Travis County. The project was approximately 0.4 miles in length and consisted of the following roadway improvements:
- Construction of a left-hand turn lane for eastbound motorists to enter the refuge.
- Construction of a right-hand turn lane for westbound motorists to enter the refuge.
- Widening of the existing roadway to accommodate the turn lanes.
- Installation of striping and signage.
- Construction of 3 foot shoulders and roadside ditches.
Key Project Dates
Advertise: Fall 2017
Construction: Spring 2018
Completed: July 2018
|Project #||TX FLAP RM 1431(1)|
|Project Name||Balcones Canyonlands NWR Entrance|
|FLMA||U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service|
Project Manager: Emilio Burgos
Federal Highway Administration
Central Federal Lands Highway Division
12300 West Dakota Avenue
Lakewood, CO 80228