The Design Resources provide information about developing a proposed roadway improvement from inception to a final project package. Some disciplines continue to provide support through the Construction phase. See also the following technical functions:
The following general resources are used by the Highway Design discipline:
- Specifications - FLH Standard Specifications (FP) along with links to division libraries of supplemental specifications
- Standard Drawings - FLH Standard Drawings with links to individual division details
- Estimate - creating Engineer's Estimates within FLH.
- CADD Support - information about use of CADD in Federal Lands Highway
Highway Design Resources
The Highway Design sections develop the geometric roadway design and create the project Plan, Specification, and Estimate (PS&E) package.
- PDDM - Chapters 4 and 9 specifically relate to Highway Design
- Forms - forms used in or used to document the Highway Design process
- Tools - various design tools
- Library - other manuals and resources used in Highway Design
- Plans Preparation - information regarding preparation of project plans
- Design Visualization - depicting proposed work by use of 3D modeling