« Previous | Next »

Eligibility: Overview

Photo - winter roadway

To be eligible for Emergency Relief (ER) Program funding, the applicant must obtain concurrence from FHWA that eligible facilities were seriously damaged by a natural disaster over a wide area or catastrophically failed from an external cause.

Eligible facilities are:

  1. Federal-aid highways;
  2. Federal lands transportation facilities;
  3. Tribal transportation facilities; and
  4. Other federally-owned roads that are maintained and open to public travel.

Detailed definitions of these facilities can be found in the Glossary.

« Previous | Next »