In-Kind Repairs: Overview
"In-Kind Repairs" are the restoration of areas to pre-disaster conditions.
In-Kind Repairs are:
- The predominate type of ER repair.
- Usually the fastest and most cost-effective way to restore access.
- Usually meet the criteria for a Categorical Exclusion, if the repairs:
- Occur within the existing Right-of-Way
- Substantially conform to pre-existing design, function, and
- Commence within a two-year period (See 23 CFR 771.117 (9))
Note: All NEPA decisions must be documented.
« Previous | Next »