Finalize line and grade
ACTIVITY: Finalize Plan-in-Hand (70%) line and grade consists of the steps below.
- Incorporate comments from previous review (30% or 50%)
- Develop responses to (30% or 50%) review comments
- Finalize typical sections
- Finalize roadway geometric design
- Develop final wall alignments, profiles and cross-sections for structures and geotech to complete wall designs.
Step 1 (Weight: 30)
Description: Incorporate comments from previous review (30% or 50%)
Step 2 (Weight: 10)
Description: Develop responses to (30% or 50%) review comments
Step 3 (Weight: 10)
Description: Finalize typical sections
- complete roadway templates (lane, shoulder, curve widening, foreslope, ditch, median, curbs, etc.)
- complete the typical section limits (clear zone, topsoil, seeding, clearing, construction)
- update all misc typicals (superelevation, guardrail, paved ditch, curb, pullouts, parking areas, and subexcavation)
- update typical section details (transitions, curve widening table, cut and fill slopes, etc.)
- AASHTO Green Book 2011
- Sample Plans
Step 4 (Weight: 30)
Description: Finalize roadway geometric design
- complete planimetric design features
- revise mainline cross-section (i.e. roadside draining, earthwork balance, cut/fill limits)
- verify design is within ROW and easement limits.
Step 5 (Weight: 20)
Description: Develop final wall alignments, profiles and cross-sections for structures and geotech to complete wall designs.
For Structures and Geotech to complete their wall designs.